Friday, June 9, 2017

Iceland: Day 1 (A day in Singapore)

Hey travelbugs!

Much apologies for not updating my blog due to personal issue happening in my family. I will try my best to recall our most epic trip by far like it was yesterday. At the end of February this year we went for a Northern Lights trip to Iceland. If you are interested to know itinerary and budget for this trip click HERE. Since we had to transit a few cities why not spend some time exploring? Hence we purposely opted for a 9 hour transit in Singapore . It's a shame I've known hubby for 13 years but this is the first time we visit our neighbor country together. Singapore trip has always been with my parents since I was 8 coz I've got relatives there.

Beautiful night scene at the quay.

It was10:00am on a Monday at the airport. All dressed up and super excited to start the journey. No Monday blue!

We haven't been on a vacation for one year to save up for this trip. The last one was to Bali on April last year.

Check in our baggage with Jetstar.

Flight was on 12:50pm.

Eat first lah!

I had carbonara while hubby had nasi lemak for brunch.

Here we go!

Goodbye Penang! See you next month...

Unlike other Jetstar passengers we were given drinking water and muffin because we booked via British Airways.

Everyone was figuring why we were the only ones served refreshments.

As usual you have to fill up entry card to enter Singapore.

You know you have arrived Singapore when there's tons of cargo ships. See if you ca spot Marina Bay Sands.

We arrived safely on 2:15pm.

Bought a one way MRT ticket to Bayfront. It was only S$1.85 if not mistaken.

For first time visitors you can easily download this map online to plan ahead.

Interchange at Paya Lebar. Nope don't go towards Joo Koon. Follow the circle line towards Marina Bay if you want to go to Bayfront.

 You will come up to this mall called The Shoppes once exit from Bayfront station.

Can ride on the gondola if you have time.

Rain Oculus is a large water vortex that forms inside a 70-foot diameter acrylic bowl that functions as a dynamic skylight. The intent from the start was to blur the boundaries between art, architecture and nature. The artwork functions as a skylight and a rain collector.

Many atas brand outlets here.

Went out to the deck to get some air.

The cityscape is amazing.

hehe...

Went back in again to ride the steepest and longest escalator I have ever seen. Dare not look down lor.

The super long escalator will bring you up to the mall's roof where you can walk over to Marina Bay Sands.

Parts of the hotel undergoing renovation. I noticed as we toured London and Iceland, everywhere we go there has to be some renovations. Even I checked Ngong Ping 360 (for upcoming trip) also undergoing renovation. Mum told me 2017 is a good year for renovation according to feng shui lol. The sien part is my own house forced us to do some renovations too...don't ask.

Cross to bridge to get to Gardens by the Bay.


There's an artistic dome like roof somewhere before the garden but don't know what's its purpose.

Entrance is free except for flower domes and OCBC Skyway. Opens from 9am till 9pm daily.

Ithink this was zen garden or something but took no interest coz we were in a hurry.

Walked back to the bay. Here's the ArtScience museum. Opens 10am to 7pm daily and all access admission ticket priced at S$38.

I think its unique shape was inspired by lotus flower.

The Helix bridge is a pedestrian bridge linking Marina Center with Marina South and has 4 viewing platforms. It is a preferred spot for prewedding photoshoot.

The Float at Marina Bay is world's largest floating stage. Made entirely of steel, the floating platform on Marina Bay measures 120 by 83 meters which is 5% larger than the soccer field at the National Stadium.

The Merlion is covered up for restoration. There you have it another renovation sigh!

Hubby busy shooting sunset.

We went back in the mall again to hunt for dinner. Whoa this restaurant with balcony look so atas af.

In the end we chose to dine at foodcourt.

When I saw Pepper Lunch I literally screamed coz I heard great reviews about their food.

I ordered beef while hubby had chicken. 

So delish I tell u!

Still got time to spare so we went for outdoor siok sendiri photoshoot.

Just as we were going back in to catch the MRT, we saw crowd forming on the deck and lo and behold there's a light and water show. Spectra showtimes are usually at 8pm and 9pm daily.

Here's a short video of the show.

Ok we had to go back to Changi now.

I have no idea what game is this but it attracted me to try.

Same face or not? Or same size? But I know same colour lah.

Whenever I travel by plane I will try my best to book a flight that has transit at Changi because of Cocoa Tree. Only this store has those prepacked chocolate truffles I love dearly. See you in London!


HAPPY TRAVEL!
Enjoy the videos below...


Singapore and London video

Iceland full video


Road to Aurora video

A relaxing video on driving in Iceland. Scenery so beautiful I had to share to all of you. Northern light time lapse somewhere at the end of this video. Hope you sit back and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi samia, thank you for dropping by and glad u like my post :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks greatly for your sharing! I am really into your experiences. If you wish to visit Sapa, Vietnam - a poetic spot in the northern part of the country, this Sapa tour from Hanoi to Cat Cat Village will give you amazing journey.

    Hope to see you in our country and other interesting posts like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thien Nguyen, thanks for reading my blog. Yes, Vietnam is definitely one of my future destination. Hope to see you as well

      Delete

No advertisement and links allowed in comment.