Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Review: Cheng Hwa Seafood Porridge

Hello again!

After our short trip to Trong Leisure Farm 自农休闲农庄 we decided to head to Nibong Tebal for the famous crab porridge. There are several crab porridge restaurants in Nibong Tebal but the one we usually patronize hasn't opened yet till like 6:30pm so we circled around and came across Cheng Hwa Seafood Porridge. 

 Fresh and tasty seafood goodness.

The cashier counter and free WiFi.

You can choose to sit in the air-conditioned indoors or by the roadside like a local.

The dishes are reasonably priced. We only paid RM31 for a large bowl of crab porridge, a bowl of mantis prawn porridge and 2 drinks. Both bowls are for single person.


Although the porridge came not in the yellowish orangey colour I expected like the other shop we normally go, I was very satisfied with this one. The crab was full of roe and the freshness exceeded my expectation coz I had a fair share of watery stale crab lately. The meat was tender and juicy and can come of from the shell in one piece easily.

Hubby had mantis prawn porridge which is also my favourite. The taste was less salty then the crab porridge and I prefer it this way.

Look at the crab roe!

The mantis prawn was also fresh and tender.

Would I come again? Most definitely. I highly recommend to you guys and you could request the crab porridge to be a little less salty for I feel it's too salty.

Address: 1115, Jalan Atas, 14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang.
Contact: 012-4572973
Business hours: 5pm - 11pm Closed on Wednesdays
Non-halal

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertisement and links allowed in comment.