Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Europe: Day 10 (Back home)

Hey dearies!

Phew! Finally this is the last post of my European winter trip. I have put a lot of effort into finding history, recall the timeline, getting info on places of attractions, flights, hotels and many more in order to write my entries as accurate as possible. Thank you for supporting me. Luv ya'll. In this post I will be showing you a bit on Schiphol Airport, my flight from Amsterdam to KLIA with Etihad Airways and back to my sweet little island via MAS.

Technically this is still Day 9 but will become Day 10 in a few hours.
After our awesome day at Amsterdam, we arrived at the airport at 6:30pm.

Not really a nice airport but they were under renovation at some parts.

Checking in at Etihad counter.

But why did they print using KLM? We never get the real Etihad ticket ever. Just one ticket needed this time for AMS - AUH - KUL.

I think this was the only nice spot in the entire area. You won't be seeing this deco after Christmas.

Any last minute gift? No problem, they have the convenience store has whole package for you to bring home.
Bye Holland! No matter Holland or Netherlands, they are not the same thing but its not wrong to say so.

 Dammit I hate this security scanner. Dutch security is so tight!

This is a really bad photo but we gotta say goodbye to Amsterdam.We departed at 8:45pm. It will be a 6.5 hour flight.

Every time you check in try to request for window seats.

Let's take a look at the dinner menu. Ah love the toiletry set.

 Hubby had lamb briyani set.

While I had penne pasta and tortellini. yums! Always love airline meals.

The lighting was bad for photos coz the crew adjusted to night mode.

After been sleeping for about 4-5 hours, we woke up at erm... 5am? I wasn't sure of the timezone and got confused but all I know is it's dawn right now.

Homaigawd!!! Sunrise above clouds is the best thing in the universe! I've never seen such a beautiful phenomena.

Nicest sunrise I've ever seen since at Alishan, Taiwan.

Wait for it...wait for it... every second is precious.

Good morning, Mr. Sun!

Chocolate muffin for breakfast.

We are almost at our transit, Abu Dhabi. We will be here for only 2 hours.

And after 6 hours and 30 minutes we touched down Abu Dhabi. You can view more photos of the airport on Day 1.

Abu Dhabi International Airport is located at the capital of the United Arab Emirates. The airport is the second largest in the UAE serving roughly 20 million passengers per year. Including us!

It has three operational passenger terminals: Terminal 1 (divided into Terminal 1A and 1B), Terminal 2, Terminal 3. Abu Dhabi International Airport is spread over an area of 3,400 hectares. Its terminal spaces are dominated by Etihad Airways, which is the UAE's second largest air carrier after Emirates and also official sponsor for my beloved Manchester City! Since MU performed badly after Beckham got out I turned my support to a more promising team that excelled till today. Pride!

Guys, don't hate me...

Hubby's a super huge MU fan all the way. But we have one nemesis in common...Walk on walk on with hope in your heart...YNWA...

Our flight was at 10:15am UAE time. As we got out of the gate there's a still a 8-10 minute ride on the bus to the plane. Really hope the gate will be connected directly to the planes in future.

Interior our the plane.

Lol bling bling sia!

Smiling outside but sad on the inside. Our long holiday has come to an end...

View of the airport and parts of Abu Dhabi.

Is that what I think it is?

Canyons in the desert.

Closer look.

What's for lunch? Yummy!

I had steamed chicken, mashed potatoes, seasonal vege with paprika cream sauce. Loving the dessert; chocolate mousse with white chocolate shavings.

Hubby had fish briyani. We can't get enough of Etihad's briyani coz it is soooo good!

When can we have a restaurant that serves delicious in-flight meals?

Cold chicken sandwich for teabreak.

Look at the difference between all the monitors and mine. Ooops, I dah buat rosak. So sorry!

After 7 hours and 15 minutes here we are at KLIA. It's dinnertime in Malaysia. We rushed to print our MAS tickets.

We arrived home around midnight. Phew! What a journey! Macarons still fresh.

Our last minute souvenirs. I forgot to take a photo of all the combined souvenirs.

Like every entry of our Europe trip, I end it with a video of our trip. Enjoy and see you in Macau!
11th April is our 11th Anniversary
11th April is our 11th Anniversary.. A special dedication to my wife.. Love Love..
Posted by Keong Da'Great on Friday, 10 April 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertisement and links allowed in comment.